Promotion of Access to Information Act section 51 manual
THIS MANUAL HAS BEEN PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 / 2000 Section 51(1)(a)
Name of Business: Inuka fine fragrances Pty Ltd.
Contact Person: The Compliance Officer
Physical Address: 8 Vrede Street, Bellville CBD , 7530
Postal Address: PO BOX 6330, Welgemoed, 7538
Telephone: +27 21 949 9850
Fax: +27 86 595 5282
Section 51(1)(b) The Section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
The Guide is available from the South African Human Rights Commission. Please direct queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission: PAIA Unit – The Research and Documentation Department
Postal Address: Private Bag 2700 Houghton 2041
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
Section 51(1)(d) Information is available in terms of the following legislation, if and where applicable:
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997
- Closed Corporation Act No. 69 of 1984
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002
- Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
- Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962
- Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995
- Promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000
- Skills development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999
- Unemployment Insurance Act No. 30 of 1966
- Value – Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991
Sections 51(1)(c) and 51(1)(e)
Records which are available without a person having to request access in terms of this Act in terms of section 52(2) [Section 51(1)(c)] include details about our products, services and statutory policies implementation.
Day to day operational information is generally not applicable to persons outside the company for the purpose of protecting their constitutional rights. (Examples of such information are: orders, automated procedures, company policies, technical information, employee records and general accounting records). Details of products / services / prices / incentives are freely available to the general public on our web site.
Clients automatically have direct and full access to all information pertaining to the service / product delivered to them.
The Request Procedures (Prescribed form and fee structure in respect of private bodies)</span><br><span style=”font-family: helvetica;”> The forms and fee structure prescribed under the Act are available at the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (www.doj.gov.za) under the “regulations” section.
Section 51(1)(f) Other information as may be prescribed
No regulations requiring compliance has been made.
Section 51(3) Availability of the material
The manual is available on our web site free of charge; and copies are available with the SAHRC.
Procedure to be followed in making a request.
Form of request: (to download a copy of the required form, please refer the SAHRC’s website: www.sahrc.org.za )
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the head of the private body. This request must be made to the address, fax number or electronic mail address of the body concerned [s 53(1)].
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head of the private body to identify the record and the requester.
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right [s 53(2)(d)].
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head of the private body [s 53(2)(f)].
- Fees: (for details / fee structure please refer to the SAHRC website: www.sahrc.org.za )
- A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee [s 54(3)(b)].
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, and preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure [s 54(6)].